- This event has passed.
Fire Leadership for Women – Prescribed Fire Training Center
February 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018
View event flyer.
The Prescribed Fire Training Center (PFTC) offered two fire leadership training modules for women in February and March 2018.
In the session:
- Discussions on perspectives from working in a male dominated world – challenging supervisors, barriers to long-term fire roles, family/life choices, practical experiences of working alongside men for positions in leadership.
- Establish a network of women committed to pursuing long-term careers in wildland fire management.
- Find mentors who are invaluable for career progression.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Gain practical leadership experience as RXBB, FIRB, ENGB & FFT1.
- Compare thoughts with counterparts facing similar struggles, and those who are successfully working in fire-related careers.