Join the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Xerces Society for a one-day workshop to learn about monarchs and milkweed and how you can help conserve monarch populations and their migratory phenomena.
Workshop content will include:
- Refresher on the basics of the monarch life cycle, migration, population trends, and conservation issues
- Identifcation and monitoring for milkweed and monarchs
- How to contribute to our growing understanding of when and where monarchs breed in the West
- Discussions on the successes and challenges managing for milkweed and monarchs with other resource managers
- Connecting with ongoing monarch conservation efforts in Nevada
The workshop will include an indoor presentation and a hands-on field component where participants will learn to identify native milkweed species, search for monarchs at different life stages, and practice using monitoring techniques.