This symposium will feature preliminary reports from California’s Fourth Climate Change Assessment, a status report on the state’s Climate Change Research Plan, and presentations on emerging research.
The program structure consists of eight panels, where scientists, policymakers, and practitioners will address the following topics:
- Sea-level rise
- Adaptation on natural and working lands
- Tools to advance adaptation
- Social science approaches to reducing barriers to adaptation
- Extreme heat: vulnerabilities and responses
- Fuel system vulnerabilities