Visit workshop webpage.
This workshop will take place in Tucson, AZ. November 27th will consist of a one-day workshop on fire effects to archaeological resources. November 28-29th will be the interactive workshop and will cover the following topics:
- Importance of fire on the landscape and the importance of protecting cultural resources within that context
- How can fire managers and archaeologists effectively work together?
- Basic fire effects on resources
- Process- roles and responsibilities and how to better communicate before and during wildfire events
- How to build an inclusive planning process pre-fire
- How to build relationships