The Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy called for an actionable science plan (ASP) of prioritized research needs (view Plan at IRFMS.org). It identified 37 priority science needs categorized in 5 broad topics: fire, invasive plants, restoration, sagebrush and greater sage-grouse, and climate and weather. The Great Basin Consortium Conference in 2017 convened stakeholders to contribute ideas and steps for implementation of the science plan over the short term and the long term.
How to provide input:
- Visit the online commenting website: sagebrushscienceneeds.participate.online
- Find your area(s) of expertise/interest and provide your ideas
- Read the background information from the ASP summary, as necessary
- Provide your feedback in the comment boxes provided
- Feedback period closes on February 28, 2018