Wildfire science and values
During this peer learning session, speakers will:
- Build understanding about the spectrum of complementary actions, based on available science, to protect the built environment and community values from wildfire, improve the ecological resilience of our landscapes, and improve the safety and effectiveness of wildfire management;
- Discuss the concepts of landscape resilience, the wildland urban interface and the home ignition zone, fire management options, and the roles they play in reducing fire risk;
- Address why fire needs to be restored to the landscape;
- Consider the values that could be lost and how they relate to fire; and
- Discuss how to increase the options for fire managers to implement integrated active management.